Drives company vehicles making pickups/deliveries on scheduled routes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drives a variety of vehicles to various locations picking up and delivering donations for Good Life Super Thrift Store.
- Checks fluids, air pressure, wiper blades and fuel levels in company vehicles and assists with general maintenance of delivery vehicle to keep it in good running order.
- Delivery and pickup of product and donations for Good Life Super Thrift Store.
- Time not spent performing pickup/delivery duties will be spent at the Thrift Store performing assigned tasks/duties.
- Maintains a high level of communication with the Thrift Store Manager regarding the scheduling of pickups and deliveries.
- Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public and to coworkers in a responsive, positive, courteous, truthful and tactful manner. This also includes taking and making phone calls.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize assigned work and work individually and with a team.
- Ability to get along and work effectively with the public, management, fellow employees, volunteers and other agencies and groups.
- Ability to safely navigate designated donation routes.
- Have a valid Florida Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Basic computer skills (e.g., to calendar appointments) if necessary.
Must stand, walk, lift, bend and stoop frequently to perform duties. Have the ability to perform prolonged strenuous physical activity, including lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds alone or up to 100 pounds with the help of fellow employees for short distances.
- Fast-paced and changing work load.
- Must be available and willing to work weekends, holidays, overtime, and attend mandatory training and meetings as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Ability to work in changing climates, heat, cold and rain.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Applications currently being accepted in store only. No Phone Calls Please.