Retail Sales Associate
The Retail Associate is responsible for maximizing the value of each customer’s shopping experience while protecting the assets of the store, providing excellent checkout assistance, and maintaining a neat, attractive, and safe retail area.
All employees are responsible for understanding and embracing Good Life Super Thrift Store vision, mission, and values in the workplace, as well as upholding Good Life Super Thrift Store standards pertaining to our ‘clean, bright, and organized’ image.
Job Duties & Responsibility’s:
- Provide quality customer service at all times.
- Adhere to all cash register processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ringing up all sales accurately, tendering correct change, and reconciling cash drawer.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and assure inventory of shopping bags and all other supplies needed for customer checkout.
- Perform general stock maintenance and control by paying specific and detailed attention to keeping racks and display shelves organized and ensuring the retail floor is safe and appealing to customers.
- Monitor dressing rooms by enforcing dressing room rules, assisting customers, inspecting dressing rooms after use to prevent vandalism and theft, and returning unwanted garments to sales floor.
- Arrange merchandise on shelves and in the display cases. Includes re-stocking, picking up garments and hangers, returning unmarked garments to the appropriate processing station, and re-categorizing merchandise if necessary.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Maintain a safe environment, reporting all hazards or unsafe work practices, and performing effective floor control to keep aisles clear.
- May be asked to assist with general janitorial clean-ups, both inside and outside of the store.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Working indoors on the retail floor and back room of store as needed
May work briefly outdoors on an infrequent basis, cleaning parking lot and front of store.
- Frequent contact with store employees, customers, truck drivers, donors, vendors and contractors
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed. Physical and Mental Demands
Physical and Mental Demands:
- The physical/mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a crew member to perform the essential and non-essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must work well in a rapidly-paced processing environment with assigned quotas to be met.
- Visual ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Ability to stand while performing job.
- Reaching (below, at, and above the shoulder level), kneeling, bending at the waist, pushing, pulling, twisting, and rotating required.
- Repetitive hand motion required.
- Lifting: up to 20 pounds.
- Carrying: up to 20 pounds.
Applications currently being accepted in store only. No Phone Calls Please.
CONTACT US FOR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT INFO@SUPERTHRIFT.COM